Monday, April 27, 2009

Thing 31

Twitter is all the rage just now. Although apparently teens are now turned off by all the boring old adults on twitter.

Somebody twittered during the President's Not-State of the Nation speech. That was a tiny scandal.

I use Twitter from time to time. Mostly to read about more interesting people than me, where I occasionally comment. Or I grump about the weather (rightly so).

I tried TweetEffect. I have 17 followers. "In the last 67 updates you had no changes in your follower numbers. Loyal readers, you have."

Side note: Here is an article all about how Twitter is evil and spreading swine flu. Or something like that.

Second side note: Here's a comic strip about twitter.

Getting overwhelmed.

Added myself to the Tweeter directory. I am still boring. But now more people can find me. And apparently they are.

I have Twitterfox at home. Don't want to put it on the staff computers at work. It's nice. Not too distracting. Would have been useful during the book awards and such.

I think the stage of Twitter I am at is Presence. Sort of. I think I am more of a Lurker, but that wasn't an option.

I think Twitter is a bit more like a water cooler than anything else. Not a library.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I enjoy your tweets. Thanks for sharig the article and the comic.There is such an awful lot of stuff you can do with Twitter that it is overwhelming. There's lots in each thing to explore when you have the inclination. Lurking on Twitter is entertaining, and sometimes engaging is fun too. I like that Twitter allows a library to reach out to users where they are with events and notices although only a small percentage of the pooulation is currently using it.