Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thing 27 (3 of new)

I actually started using twitter back when the ALA announcements were going to be on it. Then I added Neil Gaiman because he is cool. (I read his blog too and get announcements from his publisher so I do seem a bit like a stalker.)

The first video was useful and interesting.

The second video is not quite for me because it assumes I want people following me. Or that I am interesting. Whatever. I think there are people following me who I don't know. I have no idea why they follow me. Shoes are not that interesting. This guy could sell cars.

Looked at the Hibbing Library twitter. Interesting, though many repeats. Keeps one up to date though, I suppose.

Added a badge to my twitter, in case anyone is interested in my shoes.

I like microblogging, I suppose. I have said more there in the last month than I have on LJ. I like following other people.

Not sure how else libraries could use twitter, aside from announcements and the like. Maybe include interesting library related news stories?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Anyone who follows Neil Gaiman on Twitter is interesting in my book. I wasn't crazy about the guy in the second video either, but he certainly was excited about Twitter and had an interesting take on how to view it. He kinda scared me, frankly. I'll be interested to see what you have to say in the next Twitter thing a bit down the road.