Monday, May 18, 2009

Thing 35

Apparently the Sims 3 people learn even when you aren't doing anything with them. Isn't that creepy?

Read the article on online reading. I like to read at FF.net too. And I think reading is reading. FF.net is still reading, sometimes better than stuff that's published. Kids like to think about their favorite characters and write about them. As they get older they are more likely to see plotholes and ether fix them or exploit them. The sloppier the original work, the more fanfic you can write for it. And I thought it odd that the girl cited in the article was keen for World War Two history books but her mom got her a fantasy. The future of reading is pretty much the same as the past, there's just more of it.

From Organizing my personal library I chose iTrackmine. (I have a LibraryThing) Being able to add dvds and such will be useful. So I got all signed up and realized I don't have any of my stuff here to add. I will try to think... Hurrah you can look things up by title! Then I pretended to lend an item. Apparently I have people tracking me already which could make one paranoid. Not sure if their prices are all right, but it's still neat. Very handy for series stuff

Books on my phone. Not too keen on this, although I have put books on my palm pilot for years. Bigger screen though. My phone can't do this anyway. I looked at all the sites, but couldn't really do anything with them.'

Reader's Advisory: I tried "What's Next?" Probably shouldn't have used Star Trek as a search. It did find series within that set of books, but not all Star Trek Books.

Online book communities: Went to booktalk.org. Very busy looking website. White space is Our Friend! Did not find a search area. I will keep looking. Really not wild for this website.

Book Group Resources: Chose to go to LitLovers. A very friendly looking website. Easy to use. Saw a spelling error but I won't fuss. I like the links and the tidy sections. You can't search a title or author, however, which is annoying.

Audio books: Tried LibriVox. I did not download anything because the computer doesn't always like that. The site is easy to use and nice to look at.

No comments: