Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thing 33

I like staying home. That said, I will now learn about traveling.

I decided to read "What is Travel 2.0?" Apparently it is a lot of things. There were websites for finding travel companions, videos, picture, 89-million hotel reviews. It is NOT Travelocity or any of those sites. Those are just for booking and such.

For the travel reviews I went to gusto. I liked the name. I looked up my home town because then I would know how accurate the site is. It's not too bad. Not sure if Duluth is feisty, as such, but maybe. Restaurant information was not completely accurate. I know one of the restaurants has moved. I can't tell if the restaurants have to pay to be on the site. Some I would have included were not there.

For Travel Journals I looked at Vcarious because I liked the name. Duluth didn't have much so I tried Minneapolis. Again, not a lot, but a bit. The MoA is not in Minneapolis, no matter what the website says, but I suppose that is a quibble. Disappointing. Not very informative.

From TravelMashups I went to FastFoodMashups so I can find all the Starbucks. The fastfood part was ok, if not totally up to date. It does give adresses adn driving info, so that's nice. The Starbucks were on another map, but that only had spots where each store was locate, no directions or anything.

I guess some of the webstie would be sueful for the library. Asuming they keep up to date. Not in Youth Services, really, but Reference might like them.

No comments: