Friday, January 25, 2008

Thing 4

I can't watch the video right now, but I thought I would put a little bit in this entry to start.

I have used flickr and photobucket. Photobucket is my personal account and flickr is what I use for pictures for my Manga and Graphic Novel blog I do for the library. I have never used tags, but I didn't really expect there to be much interest in the pictures I put in the accounts.

The flickr pictures are mostly avatars I like to add to my entries. I also used to put pictures of book covers in the flickr account and then add them to the entries, but I have another way of doing that now. I am not sure if that is copyright friendly, although my use is fair use, I think. So I don't suppose I would want to tag those pictures.

Anyway. I decided to search tags in Flickr using "Harry Potter Fan Art." Several pictures and pictures of 3-d artwork (statues, clothes, etc.) came up. This one is actually a dojinshi cover, so I am not sure who the original artist is. It was on mutantfrog's photostream.

Ok. Posting the picture didn't work. I guess I will try again...

ok. still doesn't seem to be showing up. If I switch to "Edit HTML" I can see the code.



Maybe it takes a while for the picture to show up? Maybe I should get a picture from my own account?

Here's a link to the picture I wanted to use: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mutantfrog/861572468/

Libraian Winter 2

Here's a link to the picture in my account. I made the avatar on tektek.org.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dplmanga/2214119245/
Yes, there is a typo in the title.

My flickr experience was apparently kind of annoying. It is easy to use my own photos because I can get the code for them and just put the code right into the blog. I still don't know why the other picture didn't work.

I wonder if photobucket would be easier? Let's see... I searched on "Library Cat." on_the_way_2005 has a toy cat she calls library cat, apparently. The toy cat is featured in several photos. This one featured the toy cat and his real counterpart.



I think the blogger uploader hates me. Photobucket has given me the code for the picture so I will put that in.
library cat and Midnight

maybe I hate the blogger uploader.



Ok. A colleague showed me how to get the stupid blogger uploader to work.

No comments: