Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thing 2

Wow. Library 2.0. I can hear some of my old grad school professors exploding. Mind you, I think we're probably somewhere in the Library 5.0 or higher. Maybe Library X or Library Jaguar.

We know time is always an issue--Stephen Abram shares some ideas on where to find the time for 23 Things. Where will you find the time?
Some I can do at work and some I am doing at home. I mostly wanted to watch the movie clip at home because the computers at work aren't always keen on such things. Otherwise, I can do a bit here or there.

Why are you participating in 23 Things On a Stick? What do you hope to learn? I am participating because I was curious. Looks kind of interesting. Learning a few new things. I guess I would like to learn more about various resources, uses for the internet, stuff like that.

How has the Internet and the vast resource it can be affected your use of time at work and/or at home? At home? I spend time on the net. I chat with friends, play games, read stuff, etc. At work? I can't imagine ordering books without the net. I look up reviews, check pub dates, and make up the whole lists of books to order. I can look up all those weird animals kids get assigned to report on. I can find articles and such. I don't quite trust wikipedia for straight facts, but they are pretty good for popular culture information.


Where are you in your knowledge and use of Web 2.0 tools? How about your library? No clue. I guess I am pretty comfortable with Library 2.0 stuff.


What are you looking forward to in 23 Things On a Stick? hopefully I will learn some new and exciting stuff. Maybe ways to use the internet more efficiently.

No comments: