Tuesday, January 21, 2014

23 mobile things #3

This entry is about utilities and apps that let you do neat stuff.

Unless your device doesn't have a camera, so that cuts down on the things you can do.

RedLaser and GoogleGoggles are right out.  Sound useful.

Went to the Google Play store to get the Google App.  Never knew there was one.  Neither does Google Play apparently.  Lots of other Google related produces like googlegoggles.  Checked my apps and discovered I already had the app.  Go figure.

Typed in a search as requested.  It asked me what browser I wanted to use and just went to the browser.  I think I am doing something wrong.

Other Browsers:  My nook came with Chrome.  I like that browser well enough.  I also have the Puffin Browser.  (Why Puffin, I don't know.)  I think it was on a discount and it is supposed to be a good browser.

Puffin shares some traits with Windows 8.   Swiping from one side or the other gets you the different windows (left) or useful tools (right).  Otherwise it is a browser.  Not sure if it uses less memory or anything.

Okay that's weird.  The thing lists Puffin as an Apple browser when obviously it isn't.

No comments: